The entire current content of Aura can be backed up and restored via the Nektarine stand-alone application. A backup includes:
- All global settings including pad sensitivity and velocity settings.
- Current control settings including the 16 saved presets.
- Current sequencer data including the 16 saved collections.
The process to backup and restore does take about 10-15 minutes each way so make sure you have the time to wait for it to complete.
- To backup all Aura data, first make sure Aura is connected to your computer and launch the stand-alone Nektarine application. The backup/restore feature is not available in the plugin versions of Nektarine.
- In Nektarine, go to Settings/Preferences and select ‘AURA BACKUP’ from the Preferences menu. See the right image.
- Click [Backup] to activate the backup process. This is a good time to take a break from your system as Aura should not be in use during the process.
The backup feature only saves one file so if you create another backup at a later stage the presious file will be overwritten. If you need to preserve multiple backup files, contact our support for instructions.
Restore works the same way as backup.
- In the Nektarine ‘AURA BACKUP’ menu, click [Restore] to transfer the backed up data to your unit.