MacOS 10.15 (Catalina): Aura doesn’t control Nektarine
If you are running MacOS 10.15, you could be experiencing the following issues after installing a new version of Nektarine such as:
- Nektar Aura, Panorama T4 or T6 does not control Nektarine.
- Yellow device indicator does not appear in Nektarine Stand-alone when a Nektar Device ( Aura, Panorama T4 or T6 ) is connected.
- Yellow device indicator does appear in the Nektarine plugin version but it can only be activated manually.
The reason for the above is most likely that Input Monitoring is not enabled in MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) for Nektarine Stand-alone and/or your DAW applications. Therefore your Nektar controller will not be able to communicate with Nektarine.
To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select ‘System Preferences’.
- In System Preferences click on ‘Security and Privacy’. (Image 1)
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Select the ‘Input Monitoring’ category, in the list on the left.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom of the window and enter your password, when prompted.
- Click the boxes for each of the DAWs, with which you plan to use Nektarine. If you plan to use Nektarine stand-alone, make sure it’s ticked also.(Image 2)
- If a DAW is already ticked but not working, untick the box for the DAW and tick it again.
- Click the lock icon when you are done.
The next time you start those DAWs, Nektarine will be able to communicate with your Nektar controller.