Logic Setup and Troubleshooting: Panorama T Series
Here are the steps you need to go through to get Logic up and running with your Panorama T Series series controller.
- Make sure Logic is already installed on your computer. If not, please install Logic first and open Logic at least once, before running the installer for Nektar DAW integration software.
- Download the ‘Panorama_T4T6_Apple_Support’ file from your Account page after registering your product. If you selected Logic as your DAW, you’ll find the link below your product registration.
- Run the ‘Panorama_T4T6_Apple_Support’ installer and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Plug-in your Panorama T-series controller and make sure it’s switched on (if you didn’t do so already).
- Launch Logic.
- Create a new Project or open an existing one.
- The Control Surface Setup window will appear to indicate that Logic has detected a new control surface. (Image 1)
If the controls/keys on your Panorama T-series controller are behaving unusually or simply not working try this fix.
- Turn the Nektar controller off
- Close any applications you have open.
- Open a Finder window.
- Open the ‘Go’ menu at the top of the screen.
- Select ‘Go to folder…’
- Type ‘~/Library/Preferences‘
- Click ‘Go’.
- Find com.apple.logic.pro.cs and move it to the trash (Important!)
- Empty the Trash.
- Start Logic and create an empty project (this is so Logic creates a new .cs file).
- Quit Logic.
- Turn the Nektar controller on.
- Run the latest installer (the latest installers can always be found on your Account page).
- Start Logic again.
You should now be able to control Logic’s mixer from Mixer Mode. You should be able to control the instrument on the currently selected track in Instrument Mode.
Currently Nektar controllers will operate as generic MIDI devices when running Logic or GarageBand as native applications on M1 based Apple computers. We are working on updates to our software.
In the meantime, you can run Logic and GarageBand in an Intel Mac emulation layer called Rosetta and our support software for those applications will work. Please follow these steps:
- Open a Finder window.
- Select ‘Applications’ from the list on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on the Logic Pro or GaragBand app and select ‘Get Info…’. (Image 1)
- Tick the ‘Open in Rosetta’ option. (Image 2)
- Close the Info window.
- Start Logic or GarageBand.