GarageBand Setup and Troubleshooting: Impact
Important: Impact integration for Garageband is compatible with GarageBand 6.0.5 and above.
These instructions assume you have GarageBand installed and are running Mac OS X.
- Make sure GarageBand is already installed on your computer. If not, please install the latest version of GarageBand first and open it at least once, before running the installer for Nektar DAW integration software.
- Download the ‘Impact_Apple_Integration’ file from your Account page after registering your product.
- Run the ‘Impact_Apple_Support’ installer and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Plug-in your Impact keyboard and make sure it’s switched on (if you didn’t do so already).
- Launch GarageBand.
That’s it, setup is now complete.
Mixer Mode is fully functional in Garageband 6.0.5 and Garageband 10.
Instrument mode mapping only works in Garageband 6.0.5, not supported in Garageband 10.
Instrument parameters can be controlled from Smart Controls in Mixer mode in Garageband 10.
All transport functions except for Undo and Click work in Garageband 6.0.5 and Garageband 10. The Click function only works in Garageband .10
If you encounter a problem where some controls do not work as expected, specifically related to button functions, please follow the instructions below:
- Close any applications you have open.
- Open a Finder window.
- Open the ‘Go’ menu at the top of the screen.
- Select ‘Go to folder…’.
- Type ‘~/Library/Containers‘.
- Click ‘Go’.
- Open the ‘com.apple.garageband10’ folder.
- Open the ‘Data’ folder.
- Open the ‘Library’ folder.
- Open the ‘Preferences’ folder.
- Find com.apple.garageband10.cs and move it to the trash.
- Empty the Trash.
- In the Finder go to //Applications/Nektar/LX49 or //Applications/Nektar/Apple.
- Run the uninstaller located in that directory.
- Restart your computer.
- Start GarageBand and create an empty project (this is just so GarageBand creates a new cs file).
- Quit GarageBand.
- Run the latest ‘Impact_Apple_Support’ installer (the latest installers can always be found on your Account page).
- Start GarageBand again.
If you continue to have trouble, please contact support.
You can run GarageBand in an Intel Mac emulation layer called Rosetta and our support software for those applications will work. Please follow these steps:
- Open a Finder window.
- Select ‘Applications’ from the list on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on the GaragBand app and select ‘Get Info…’. (Image 1)
- Tick the ‘Open in Rosetta’ option. (Image 2)
- Close the Info window.
- Start GarageBand.