Thanks for choosing the Impact series keyboard.
Here are some instruction if you are having trouble getting set up.
First, restore the Impact’s factory default settings.
Please follow these steps:
- Turn the Impact off.
- Hold both Octave buttons while turning the Impact back on (if you are using an Impact LX88, hold the ‘Split’ and ‘Layer’ buttons).
- The display will show the firmware version number, followed by 8.8.8. and then it will return to normal operation. (If you are using and Impact iX keyboard, the each of the LEDs will each light in a cycle)
- Release the Octave buttons (in the case of the LX88, release the ‘Split’ and ‘Layer’ buttons.
Next, check if the Impact appear in Audio MIDI Setup. Please do the following:
- Open Finder Click on the ‘Go’ menu at the top of the screen and select ‘Utilities’
- Double-click on the Audio MIDI Setup icon Go to the ‘Window’ menu at the top of your screen and select ‘Show MIDI window’.
- If it says ‘Hide MIDI window’ then you should already see the ‘MIDI Studio’ window
- Do you see an icon for the Impact keyboard in this menu?
- If so, click on the ‘Test Setup’ button above and press the keys on the Impact keyboard. You should hear a sound when you press a key.
If the Impact keyboard appears correctly in Audio MIDI Setup but it’s not communicating with your DAW software, continue to the DAW specific Setup and Troubleshooting pages.