MacOS 11 and above, and Apple M1 Compatibility
If you encounter this error message, simply right-click on the installer and select ‘Open’, you will encounter a similar message but you will be given the option to open the installer anyway. Just click the ‘Open’ button, as shown below.
Currently Nektar controllers will operate as generic MIDI devices when running Cubase/Nuendo, Reaper, and Digital Performer as native applications on M1/M2/ARM based Apple computers.
In the meantime, you can run these DAWs in an Intel Mac emulation layer called Rosetta. our support software for those applications will work with that configuration. Please follow these steps:
- Open a Finder window.
- Select ‘Applications’ from the list on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on the Cubase/Nuendo, Reaper, or Digital Performer app and select ‘Get Info…’. (Image 1, 3)
- Tick the ‘Open in Rosetta’ option. (Image 2, 3)
- Close the Info window.
- Start the DAW.
Nektar DAW support software for Logic has been updated so that most of our controllers can now be used when running Logic as a native M1/M2/Arm application. The only exception is the Panorama P-series, which we do plan to update as well.
If your DAW applications are not allowed to monitor your QWERTY keyboard, in the Security and Privacy settings under System Preferences, Nektar products will not be able to communicate with Nektarine.
If you find that your Panorama T-series controller is not able to communicate with Nektarine, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select ‘System Preferences’.
- In System Preferences click on ‘Security and Privacy’. (Image 1)
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Select the ‘Input Monitoring’ category, in the list on the left.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom of the window and enter your password, when prompted.
- Check the boxes for Nektarine and for each of the DAWs with which you plan to use Nektarine. (Image 2)
- Click the lock icon again.
The next time you start those DAWs, Nektarine will be able to communicate with your Nektar controller.
Note: If Nektarine is already checked and things are not working right, uncheck Nektarine, click the lock icon, unlock it again, and re-check Nektarine.