Logic Pro 10.6 Compatibility
After updating to Logic Pro 10.6, if Logic crashes on startup you will need to clear out Logic’s control surface configuration file. Please follow these steps:
- Close any applications you have open.
- Open a Finder window.
- Open the ‘Go’ menu at the top of the screen.
- With the Go menu open, hold the Alt/Option key on your keyboard.
- Select ‘Library’ from the Go menu.
- In the Finder window, open the ‘Preferences’ folder.
- Find com.apple.logic.pro.cs and move it to the trash.
Once you have done that, turn off your Nektar controller before opening Logic for the first time. Quit Logic, then turn your Nektar controller and start Logic again. The Controller should then be detected as if it were the first time.
If Logic appears with a blank window or appears unresponsive, simply quit and then restart Logic.
Currently Nektar controllers will operate as generic MIDI devices when using Logic or GarageBand on M1 based Apple computers. The software needed to use control surface functions will only work on Intel based Macs. We are working on updates to our software.